Procedure on how to check the Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website….
If you are an employee, you must be aware of what UAN is? If you are unaware of what it is, let me help you with that. Actually, UAN is a 12 digit number, which is given to the employees of any organization by the EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization. Do you know that UAN has been made mandatory for employees? Are you aware of the fact that you can generate the UAN yourself? If you are not, let me clarify you that, if you have Aadhaar, you can easily generate the UAN for yourself. We are already discussed in previous article which is on how to Link your UAN with Aadhaar in iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC website.
Previously, UAN generation ability was restricted to the employer only. It was the employer who had the authority to generate the UAN for the employee before the employer starts contributing to the PF of the employee. After getting the UAN, the employee just needed to get it activated. The process to activate was also complicated. The employee had to provide the KYC documents. So if an employee had not generated the KYC documents, he needs to generate it and then submit it to the employer.
At that time, many organizations faced difficulties with the new joiners or this reason. The new way of generating the UAN with the help of Aadhaar has simplified this process to a great extent. If you are joining a new organization, just demand the ‘Form No. 11 – Declaration Form’. This helps to furnish the existing UAN. In case, you don’t have the UAN, you can generate the UAN and the process is not complicated as well.
You can do it simply with the help of the Aadhaar card and that too online, without any need of visiting any center for generating the UAN. But there is one limitation to use this process. Only those person can use this process, whose mobile number is registered with Aadhaar. Those who do not have their mobile number linked to their Aadhaar card, cannot use this facility.
The process to generate the UAN through an online mechanism is quite easy. The process relies on the OTP process of verification and authentication. You just need to enter your OTP and on the basis of this, the portal fetches related information like name, DOB etc. Once verified, you will get the UAN that can be given to the new employer for the employment and PF purposes.
Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
The process to self-generate the UAN Allotment with the help of your Aadhaar is as such:
- To generate the UAN by yourself, you first have to reach the unified portal of the EPFO site.If you want to note down the link, write down this link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epindia.gov.in/.
- Now, on the home screen of the unified portal, search for the hyperlink highlighter with the text ‘Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment’.
- On the screen which appears next, you will be required to enter the Aadhaar details. Once you enter the Aadhaar details, click on the ‘Generate OTP’ tab.
- You will be able to see an OTP on the screen of your registered mobile number (linked to the Aadhaar card). Enter the OTP and accept the disclaimer information provided on the screen. Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button to start the verification process.
- A screen will appear next on which you will be able to see the basic details related to the person that is provided on the Aadhaar card. Here, one can verify the details. You are also needed to enter the required data in the fields provided. Some fields in the form are mandatory. You need to give all the information correctly if you want to get the UAN quickly.
- After entering in all the required information, enter the captcha given at the end of the form and then click the ‘Register’ button. Please don’t forget to tick-mark the checkbox in the disclaimer section.
- After the successful registration, the UAN will be allotted to the user and the information about the same is also displayed on the screen for the help of the user. Note down the UAN Allotment (Universal Account Number) for any future use.
Note: In case, you have already linked your UAN Allotment with the Aadhaar and if you are unaware about it somehow, you will get the notification for the same as well. The notification will be in the form of an alert, saying in the red text that ‘Aadhaar number already linked to UAN